Sunday, March 6, 2011

something for myself

     This past week I decided since I was sort of on vacation that I would do something for myself.


     Having just gotten the grasp of how to knit, last April I started my first sweater from a pattern book by Sublime (a division of the UK fiber company Sirdar) using their organic cotton dk yarn, all purchased from Scottsdale's Knit Happens.  I finished knitting all of the pieces in January but have been procrastinating on sewing it up, mainly because until now I didn't learn how to do that.  But with the onset of Spring (which I consider March to be) I really want to start wearing this simply sublime sweater soon.


     I'd also like for the project not to take me an entire year to finish!


Vertical seams like this one
up the middle of the hood take mattress stitch.
As with most things, the hardest part
was getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment