Monday, March 7, 2011

inspired by the yarn

     You notice on Etsy that a lot of knit designers say they are "inspired by the yarn" to make a certain item. I stumbled upon this huge stash of a precious yarn called Italian Ice that is for sale right now at Salvation Army for $3 a pack of 10. According to the label it is made in Windham, which is the next town over where I do most of my shopping.  I guess the company that makes it, Knit One Crochet Too must have had some overstock.
Italian Ice is
61% Cotton
26% Linen
13% Viscose
It is flat and takes a size 10 needle.
I love the look of flat yarns!

     
     I think this will look good for a lot of things, but the one I want to focus on first is a simple tank top showing semi-linear horizontal patches of the pastel pink and purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment