Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Schacht weaving loom

Recently I took up another new activity: Weaving! Working at Tempe Yarn & Fiber, it was only a matter of time. Soon after I took my beginning floor loom class, my employers found that they had too many floor looms in the shop and needed to make room for some new rigid heddle looms.  I jumped on the opportunity and so I became the happy new owner of this beautiful Schacht loom.  For practice I weaved off the piece that was already warped on it when it came to me.  Finally this past weekend I threaded my first warp (warp=lengthwise strands) since taking the class probably over a month ago. I don't expect perfection in my tension at this point and so I figured this would be a good time to use up some stash yarn. The color scheme is probably a little too wintery by now, but I picked it out several weeks ago. I still love it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment