Friday, February 17, 2012

Been Thinking...

The infrequency of my posting lately is definitely not due to any lack of knitting or other creative projects - I will get to those soon enough!  After my last update on the snowflake motif sweater I forced myself to bear down and work on that thing nonstop until it was finished.  But that really got me thinking about the direction I want to take with my work.  Commission projects mean a guaranteed sale, but they are not nearly as satisfying to work as something of my own choosing.  So at this point I am ready to put all of my focus on following my own instincts, creating things I love and then trying to sell those - rather than taking the safe route of the guaranteed sale.  Luckily with my two paying jobs, I don't have to rely on income from my sales yet.  So it will probably take some time to build a viable line, but I'm very excited about it.


Naturally, my antennae are out for a new name. Something beautiful, memorable, radiating an inexplicable, effortless wisdom?

1 comment: