Monday, January 23, 2012

New Baby

  Working at the yarn shop means I am always thinking about which items might want to come home with me.
  We sell these beautiful drop spindles on consignment from the talented Tucson artisan Ken Ledbetter.  Each one is unique and they vary in weight, wood type, and embellishments.  This one has always stood out to me and I have seen it passed over time and again by shoppers.  Originally I was waiting until a spot opened up in one of the shop's popular spinning classes, but I decided yesterday that I couldn't wait any longer to bring this baby home with me!
This spindle features a lacquered Russian broach
on a Koa wood whorl
with dyed maple for the shaft.
weight: .88 oz



I watched several tutorials on YouTube and found this one to be most helpful to me:


My first handspun yarn!  It is merino wool which is known as the easiest
for a beginner to spin.  The only question is what will I use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment