Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Boy Quilt

Instead of a term paper for my women's history class (Spring 2006 I believe it was), I opted for an art project and that is when I made my first quilt.  It was a simple "Around the World" quilt, which consists of an arrangement of plain squares.  Now that I have a sewing machine again, I am excited to try a more complicated block quilt.


My friend Amber is having a baby boy in October, which gives me the perfect excuse to piece together a 20-30 block mini-quilt.  I already had this unspeakably adorable hot air balloon fabric, which I picked up from the Marden's store in Waterville, Maine.  The rest of the fabrics are from the local craft store here in Vermont, Knits & Bolts.  A brand new top-quality nonstick ruler made quick work of cutting up the squares yesterday.


I soon realized the 1/8 yard of each fabric was more than enough for two quilts - the second one will be up for sale.  I feel like a genius of efficiency!

1 comment: