Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!

I decided I am starting a new blog.  It's a craft blog.  Since I got in a car accident January 18th on my way to my first day of school, I have been basically homebound this winter with very few resources.  I really think this is all for the best, though.  I must admit that my "dream job" would definitely be something where I could use my creativity, one way or another.  Now I'm kinda forced to just go for it!


I opened up shop on Etsy.com just in time for the new year, planning to start by offering handmade dog collars as I've been doing for a few years now already.  I've started to list more items post-accident in an effort to make a little money.  I'm most interested in knitting and have been learning a lot really fast!  I also picked up a sewing machine from the Salvation Army store nearby, and once I get it up and running I will be experimenting with that as well.  Nothing in my store on Etsy has sold yet, but I'm having some success on Ebay (as I have in the past) mainly in the "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories" department.  We will have to see where my best market will be for these crafts.  I have a lot of ideas I am excited about and so I thought I'd share them as they come to fruition!

No comments:

Post a Comment